I’m responsible for the development of EyeMed’s commercial, municipalities and counties, and specialty markets.
Did you miss these?
We’re ¾ of the way through 2017 (I know, I can’t believe it either), and before we get too much further I thought it would be good to take a look back at the topics from our blog that were most popular with HR benefit administrators and benefit brokers so far this year. Did you miss these hot topics? Here’s your second chance.
1. The future of eye exams…do your employees have digital access?
Advanced technology is changing the way eye care providers conduct eye exams. Some eye care providers now use digital eye exam technology enabling them to more precisely map and image the eye, resulting in more accurate prescriptions, better contact fitting, and earlier diagnoses for vision-related diseases.
Here’s the original post to learn how digital eye assessments can help the eye doctor gather more information to help employees see better.
2. Show love: Give the gift of information to prevent loss of sight
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) affects nearly 11 million Americans, making it the leading cause of vision loss in the United States. Early detection is the best way to battle AMD, which is why it’s so important to communicate with your employees year round about the benefits of eye health and routine eye exams.
Check out the original post from around Valentine’s Day to learn more about AMD and how to help your employees protect their vision, and their loved ones’ vision.
3. Time to talk the blues--benefits that protect eyes from blue light
Excessive blue light, which is emitted from digital screens, the sun’s rays and other sources, can cause sleep issues and eye strain. Blue light-filtering lenses are one way employees can protect their eyes from digital eye strain that can cause eye dryness, irritation and blurry vision.
Read the original post to learn more about blue light and how employees can protect themselves and their families.
For information about EyeMed and how you can provide employees with vision benefits that meet their needs, preferences and lifestyles (so more enroll, use and stay in-network) check out our Benefits that redefine expectations brochure.
CATEGORY: Expert Advice
Please log in with one of the following services to leave a reply.
Are you an employee?
Log in with your employee network credentials.
We want to hear your thoughts through comments on our posts, but we’ll delete any comments that break our house rules, either those listed below or additional rules added by EyeMed at a later date:
- Spam is bad. It’s fine to include a link to relevant content, but we’ll remove spam and advertisements for other company’s goods or services.
- Keep it clean. We’ll delete any comments that use profanity. Same goes for language or concepts that could be deemed offensive.
- Play nice. We won’t allow comments that attack a person or entity.
- Avoid Too Much Information (TMI). This is a public forum, not the place for Protected Health Information (PHI). We’ll delete any comments that share PHI or other sensitive data.
- Stay on topic. A blog post about health care probably isn’t the best place to tell us about your love of unicorns. We’ll remove anything that’s clearly unrelated to the topic at hand.
- Keep it on the up and up. We’ll remove any comments that may violate the law (including copyright infringement) or encourage others to do so.